Connect a Channel
UseROSS connects to over many accommodation bookings sites, covering the most popular places for guests to book accommodation online.
In order to connect into a new channel, please follow the below steps:
- Create an account with the channel. You will need to contact the channel directly and they will assist with creating an account. Let them know UseROSS is your channel manager.
- You will be provided with authentication details that will be used to connect UseROSS as your channel manager.
- Login to UseROSS and go to the Channels page.
- Enter the credential details in the section relating to that channel.
- Tick the Send Booking notification check box if available so that you are notified by UseROSS about any booking made on that channel. If the send booking notification box is ‘Grayed Out’, the booking information will come from UseROSS and nothing will be sent directly from the channel.
- Tick the Enabled check box and a new pop window will appear.
- Click on yes if you want to connect the channel immediately and then click on Save Changes.
- If the connection is successful, the page will refresh and you will be directed to the Rooms page where you need to map the rooms. If the connection fails, the page will refresh and stay on the Channels page. In this case the authentication details are incorrect or the channel does not have UseROSS set as the channel manager, and it will be displayed as Login failed in red in the respective channel section.
Every channel operates differently, so to get the basic details about a channel please check the channel table.
Disconnect a Channel:
Things to know before you disconnect a channel:
- Disconnecting a channel does not close off the room(s) on that channel.
- Disconnecting a channel will only stop UseROSS from sending updates and receiving bookings.
- If you want to stop using a channel you should first contact the channel to get it closed there.
- Most of the channels are commission based and you will be charged a commission only when a booking comes in. So if you are disconnecting a channel because of high commission rates, please check the channel commission rate adjustment settings to cover your charges.
After closing the channel with the channel provider and now needing to disconnect the channel from UseROSS please follow the below steps:
- Login to UseROSS and go to the Channel page.
- Uncheck the Enabled check box for the respective channel and click on Save Changes.