A Property Management System (PMS) is a software application to automate the operations of a motel. It is the hub of a property’s operations and coordinates the operational functions such as;
- Guest bookings – check-ins and check-outs
- Guest details
- Online reservations
- Point of sale
- Accounts receivable
- Sales and marketing
- Food and beverage costing
- Materials management
- HR and payroll
- Maintenance management
- Quality management and other amenities.
PMS’s may interface with channel management systems, central reservation systems and revenue or yield management systems, front office, back office, point of sale, door-locking, housekeeping optimization, pay-TV, energy management, payment card authorization.
UseROSS with PMS
UseROSS allows you to integrate seamlessly with your front desk system.
When PMS is connected into UseROSS for the first time it updates UseROSS with all the required settings. When a guest makes a booking on the channel, UseROSS will get the booking from that channel and Drop it in your PMS. You will be notified about the booking either by the channel or by UseROSS depending on the channel setting. Your PMS will reduces the availability by 1 or blocks the room if only 1 room was available and sends that information to UseROSS. In return UseROSS will change the availability on all the channel you are connected to.
Your PMS providers may require Room ID in order to connect the rooms in your PMS to the rooms in UseROSS. You can give them all the Room ID’s by following the steps below:
- Login to UseROSS and go to the Rooms Page.
- Under Default Settings click on the Room link on the left for which you want the Room ID.
- Room ID will be the second field displayed in the pop window that appears in front of you.
- Note the Room ID and close the window. Repeat the process for other rooms.
Growing list of supported front desk systems